This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

Stimulus for Infrastructure?

I hope that this stimulus that has passed which claims to be spending for infrastructure does not go towards expenditures like this. It does not surprise me in the least to see the words "oversight," "accountability," and "transparency" in this article. Since those three words seem to be the magic words that are supposed to make everyone feel good about what government is/will be doing. It seems rather funny to me though that this stimulus bill was passed so quickly before any could actually read what exactly was in the bill. That does not sound much like transparency to me, but that's just me. This article concerns me for the simple reason that many state D.O.T.'s use union labor to complete highway projects and the like, and there is one party that is generally favored by the unions. Kind of sounds to me like this could be one giant pay out to a rather large interest group.

No comments:

Blog Archive