This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

That Lunch Table Shrinks (Again)

Olympia Snowe (ME-R) one of the few remaining moderates in the Senate has announced her plans to retire:


Unfortunately, I do not realistically expect the partisanship of recent years in the Senate to change over the short term.... So at this stage of my tenure in public service, I have concluded that I am not prepared to commit myself to an additional six years in the Senate, which is what a fourth term would entail.

The Washington Post suggests that with an open seat election the Democrats will be favored to take the seat this November.

1 comment:

Jacob Goehl said...

She can now go home and enjoy navy bean soup in Maine. But really, she is kind of a sad loss for Congress because she has been fairly pragmatic and the chances are her replacement will be more ideological than her on either side of the aisle.

Blog Archive