This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

TV ADS

So, while never missing a single riveting episode of Jeopardy last week I couldn't help but notice a few political ads that aired. I am honestly undecided about these two candidates; Although I think Feingold owned the debates in a substantive sense, I don't know how much real substance plays into voter's minds at the ballots compared to precisely planned and rhetorically charged campaign ads. Here are two and my opinions of them:

Johnson's I think is poignant, altough it doesnt make mention of the usefulness a working knowledge of the law can have in creating them, the numbers themselves are striking. Even if the implied connection between the lack of manufacturers and accountants in the Senate and the exploding national debt is a fallacious one, politics is about perception.

Feingold's... is pointless. Seriously, you gotta believe I am not rooting for anyone here...but can anyone honestly tell me what the hell just happened? Maybe you need to go to Harvard AND be a Rhodes scholar to pick up on all the allegories...idk.


SOOO I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO INCLUDE 2 LINKS IN THE BODY OF THE POST THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON SO HERES THE FEINGOLD AD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcXmx0boNBA

No comments:

Blog Archive