This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

Boris Yeltsin, RIP

I see where Boris Yeltsin has passed away. For those of you who do not remember the fall of the USSR in 1991 he played a very key part in the whole ordeal. My condolences to his family and to Russia on the passing of what has to be the most important figure of the early 90's. I will never forget the fall of the USSR and the tanks strolling by the Kremlin, next to the 9/11 attacks and the fall of the Berlin Wall, this is one of the most important events of my life. Thank you, Boris! You did more for humanity than most and history will accord you that honor of decency for doing so. Maybe I will go out and have a shot of vodka (which I never drink) in his honor.

1 comment:

bridget_esser said...

Rest in peace, Boris Yeltsin. He was an important figure, the first democratic elected President of Russia. It appears as though his funeral will be Wednesday.

Blog Archive