This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

The Presidents Proposal on Health care

I think since there has been so much debate about what is really in the healthcare plan I would add a link to the President's proposal so people can get an idea of what is actually in it. I think there are some good ideas about trying to get insurance companies to spend more on patient care than bonuses or advertising, I am curious as to how they would enforce such a thing. I also think that the democrats are demonizing the insurance companies as well for political gain. I think health care costs go up because technology improves, and people want the best care and that can become expensive. I think some companies are abusive and obnoxious, however this problem is more than just insurance companies, it is the amount of malpractice insurance doctors must carry, the fact they must perform more tests than are needed usually to prevent the possibility of being sued as well. These all add to the cost of healthcare and once again pre-existing conditions being covered could be abused significantly. I do not like insurance companies and if we can get them to stop some of their abuses, a student mentioned connecting costs to credit scores, etc.., but if they cannot compete with government plan the type of healthcare we get could be much worse than what we get now.

No comments:

Blog Archive