This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

It's Like I'm On Crazy Pills or Something!

WHAT is the deal lately? Newt Gingrich admits to an extra-marital affair with HIS Congressional aide WHILE he's leading the attack on Bill Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky situation? Morality be damned, I suppose. He says he's not a hypocrite because he was only railing against Clinton for committing the crime of lying under oath. Well, OK. I guess I remember the situation a tad differently than Newt and the gang. What about all the conservatives calling for Scooter Libby to be PARDONED for committing the SAME crime? My head feels like it's about to explode here.

3 comments:

"JPO" Joseph Ohler said...

Whereas Clinton perjured to save his own derriere, Libby perjured to take one for the team. That's the spoils system in action!

walker sc ranger said...

Yep! And you can bet that pardon will come down somewhere around Jan. 20, 2009. Bush cannot afford to make this an issue with voters --no matter what Libby did or did not do. If it stinks, it's probably crap; that's how most voters will see it.

meganlwood said...

Maybe I need to grow up but if I were a Democrat in congress I would be calling for the impeachment of Bush for lying under oath just like the Republicans did for Clinton. The Dems just need to find their own stained blue dress in Iraq.

Blog Archive