This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

Could Clinton, Obama become a team?

It would be very interesting I would have to say if Obama and Clinton teamed up eventually. I would be interested to see how this would effect both persons ability to get elected. I think we have to keep in mind that this is the first time a female and a minority has gotten this far in a presidential race. The fact that if they both teamed up as one makes me wonder if that would be to much unusual circumstances for some voters and would lead many voters to go vote for a traditional candidate within the Republican party. Time can only tell!!

2 comments:

nsimmons said...

Interesting article, but the whole idea of Obama and Clinton teaming up seems very unlikely. The article mentioned how Kerry sided with Obama instead of Edwards-- his previous running mate. Although I would like to believe that candidates want what is best for our country, I still find it hard believe that they would be able to put aside the whole power factor. I mean can you really see Obama being Vice President to Clinton or vice versa?

Sally H. said...

I'm with nsimmons on this one, as interesting as it is, having a female and a minority candidate run against eachother is a tough decision for some.I feel that if you are a minority female, this is a tough decision to make. However, its pretty unlikely that Obama and Clinton to be teaming up. Everyone has their power trip.

Blog Archive