This is a class blog for the students of POLSCI 426: Congressional Politics at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.

Presidential and Congressional

I know I should mention Congressional news, but I just couldn't resist. Clinton's camp seems to be getting very desperate, and Obama seems to be looking better. I (and it seems everyone else) expected Obama to disown his pastor for his remarks, but he came through the controversy almost flawlessly, with an incredible speech that was praised by pretty much everyone. Personally, I hope they'll both be on the ticket after the nomination fight is finally over.

So in Congressional news, I find it a little frustrating with all these scandals surrounding infidelity. I'm not in any way encouraging people to cheat on their spouses, but I think that there are better reasons for a politician to resign. After all, if a someone does that but still a good politican who does what is best for the people he represents, then I think he should be allowed to remain. You think that after everything that Bush and his ilk have put this country through, people would be able to keep things in perspective.

No comments:

Blog Archive